CCNFSDU meeting is taking place this week in Hamburg, Germany.
The 2016 Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU) meeting is taking place this week in Hamburg, Germany… and it is celebrating its 50th Anniversary!
Some of the key issues that are on the agenda of the meeting are the:
– Setting of Nutrient Reference Values (NRVs) for vitamins and minerals.
– Setting of NRV associated with diet related Non-Communicable Diseases (NRV-NCD) for EPA and DHA long chain omega 3 fatty acids.
– Definition for Biofortification.
– Development Guidelines for ready-to-use therapeutic foods.
– Setting of conditions for use in foods of a claim for “free” of Trans Fatty Acids.
– Review of the Standard for Follow-up Formula products.