Codex Nutrition to discuss key issues for food and food supplements
The 39th Session of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU) is taking place this week, 4-8 December, in Berlin with an agenda packed with key issues for food and food supplements.
Among the many items for discussion, the following topics receive special consideration:
– The Review of the Standard for Follow-Up Formula Products.
– Setting of Nutrient Reference Value associated with diet related Non-Communicable Diseases (NRV-NCD) for EPA and DHA long chain Omega 3 fatty acids.
– The Guidelines for Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Foods.
– Setting conditions for use of a claim for “free” of Trans Fatty Acids in foods.
– Proposal to start new work to develop Guidelines on Nutrient Profiles for specific application to Front of Pack Labelling.
– Proposal to start new work to develop Guidelines on the Use of Probiotics in Food and Food Supplements.